Friday 20 July 2012

Nanay Mekkai's Confession

Arkin @ 11 Months - walking withthe help of Tatay.
     Knowing that my SON is growing-up too FAST, makes me want to beg for TIME to STOPPPPP. Not because it makes me feel old; I am totally not bothered with my age anyway; but because of the fact that reality is biting me. Reality is standing upfront, showing me that my son is no longer a BABY. Well of course, I am happy that he is a toddler now and knows a lot of things; I can say that he is a BRIGHT kid; he can now differentiate colors; he can now run without stumbling; he can now wash his hands alone; he pretends that he very well know how to count and recite the alphabet; and so the list continues. It makes me one PROUD mom, but it still makes me realize that this used-to-be-helpless Baby Arkin can now do things on his own, i.e., without ME...

Arkin often tells me now that he'll be the one to do things. He will tell me, "Arkin na, Nanay" or "Ako na, Nanay." I often answer him with another question, "Bakit, Big Boy ka na?" Then he will flash his smile.

This is ONE of my favorite pictures.


I never thought that this is how it feels to be a Mother. That I am beginning to understand how a mother-in-law feels; that the thought of your child leaving could sometimes also be scary and wistful. There are just too many emotions involved. But what's definite is that, I am very HAPPY to be a mom. I am very thankful that I am able to share my entire life to someone, without limits... UNCONDITIONALLY. How Arkin will be as a  kid, as a student, a best friend, a boyfriend, a whatever-he-wants-to be is something worth looking-forward to.




Now, I will just savor each moment I have with my him and think that we will both never age  :) 


with Woody & Buzz
my lil' model


Together, we will play our usual "Tickle, Tickle" and giggle like there's no tomorrow; Draw his favorite Tractor as much as I can; Treasure each morning I wake-up because he chooses to sleep beside us; Cook more nutritious food; More "quality playtime and bath-times;" more moon and cloud-watching-nights; more Family Days; more walks inside the UPLB Campus; more taking-baths together...


Taken during his 2nd Birthday in November 12, 2011. Cake-topper is Lightning McQueen --- most favorite toy and cartoon.

Nanay wants to swear that she'll stop being so praning about the future... and that there are more important things than worrying... Well then again, it is definitely not Nanay, if there'll be no worrying. You know me :)





  I just so love you, Anak...





No comments:

Post a Comment